Supplemental Medicare Benefits


MediGap fills in the gaps where Medicare Parts A & B leave off.  Medicare A and B covers 80% of total medical expenses.  The remaining 20% of medical expenses are your responsibility.  As you well know, 20% of any rising medical cost can be too much!

Protect yourself and your loved one by filling in that Gap and building your own umbrella to shield you.  Let Medigap help you to fill in that coverage hole, so you can keep dry, even if a rainy day should pour. MediGap protects your financial well being by covering coinsurance, co-payments and deductibles.  The right Medigap policy is just a click away - purchase supplemental insurance

There is no better time then NOW!

Medigap Plans

Medigap Plans are standardized by Federal and State Laws in order to protect you.  The standardized plans are identified as Plans A-N.  Plans E, H, I, and J are no longer available.  Although the plans are standardized, they are issued through private insurance companies where the the only difference is price.  Again, the plans will be the same with each insurance company, but it is suggested that you compare the premiums with all the different insurance companies.

**Massachusetts, Minnesota and Wisconsin have a different variation of Plans A-N.  Please be more aware of your shopping choices and plans.

*** Some states offer an additional Medigap policy “Medicare Select.”  It requires you to use specific hospitals, doctors and other Medicare health providers.  If “Medicare Select” initially appears to be your best choice, but turns out to not be your best choice, you do have 12 months to switch back to a standard Medigap Policy.

Important “Enrollment Dates” To Remember

Open Enrollment:   6 month enrollment period, beginning with your birthday month at age 65.  It then continues for the following 5 months.

 Why So Important:   During this 6-month enrollment time period, there is no required medical screening.  Every Medigap plan is available to you, and you are automatically approved as if your are a healthy person.

 If you enroll Later:  You will be subject to medical screening, run the risk of having a rate increase do to health and medical issues.  You can be flat out declined.

 Therefore, do not let the insurance company play havoc on your premium or run the risk of being denied for your health not being perfect.  ACT NOW purchase supplemental insurance and guarantee your right!

State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP)

Not all ten plans (labeled “A” through “N”) are available in all states.  For information about Medicare supplement insurance plans available in your state, contact your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) or call your licensed Medicare insurance agent. is not associated with the federal government. All plan information provided on this site is collected from public sources (e.g.,, carrier's website, plan brochures, etc.). Rates shown are for comparison purpose only. Contact your Medicare agent or for a binding quote.